Manchester United Vs Liverpool preview historic Premier League Matches

Manchester United Vs Liverpool preview historic Premier League Matches

On the October 24, 2021, Liverpool wrapped up an amazing 5-0 victory over Manchester United after a masterclass from Salah, who scored a hat-trick. Liverpool led 4-0 at the break, after early goals from Keita and Jota, before a Salah brace made it comfortable for the visitors just before the half-time whistle.

Also on April 19, 2022 Liverpool move top of the Premier League after winning 4-0 over Manchester United at Anfield. The Reds were on song from the off as first-half goals from Luis Diaz and Mohamed Salah put them in command. United had a spell of pressure in the second half, but the home side quickly put the game to bed as Sadio Mane converted Diaz's cross before Salah score his second with five minutes to play.

Manchester United have only lost by a larger margin in this fixture in October 1895 when Liverpool beat them 7-1 at Anfield. It’s their largest margin of defeat in this fixture when playing at home.

Liverpool are only the second team in English top-flight history to win consecutive away games by a margin of 5+ goals without conceding themselves, after Manchester United in February/March 1960.

Manchester United have lost by a margin of five or more goals at Old Trafford without scoring themselves for the first time since a 0-5 defeat at home to Manchester City in February 1955 under Matt Busby.

Manchester United have conceded nine goals against Liverpool in the Premier League this season, the most they’ve ever shipped against a team in a single campaign. They’ve also conceded 76 Premier League goals in total against the Reds, more than they have vs any other opponent.

The team has done the Premier League double six times over Manchester United without conceding a goal, with Liverpool responsible for three of those (also in 2000-01 and 2013-14).

On Monday, August 2022, Manchester United will receive Liverpool at old Trafford. United lose two consecutive matches in a row and they a number 20 on Premier League table this season while Liverpool draw 2-2 with Fulham and 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace which make the team number 12 on Premier League table for this season after playing two matches.

Manchester United has 18% win probability and 21% draw while Liverpool has 61% win probability.

How do you see this match?

Post a Comment

You can ask a question about something you don't understand about our website via comment or you can send us a story through this email You can contact us Directly using Contact Us page.

Previous Post Next Post